Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Education

 5 Pillars of SustainabilityResearch your focus area and share your understanding; share within the comment section (jot notes).

Education: Leila, Victoria, Piper, Claire, Keira

10 comments:

  1. Leila
    post one

    -Education is the first pillar on the free the children adopt a village page Because it leads to lots.
    -without an education, will not know if what the Government is asking of me is fair,
    - without an education i will not know how to manage my income
    - without an education I will not know that if something is worth fighting for

    My priorities:
    > giving adults an education, because they missed it in childhood
    > giving women and girls a chance to go to school
    > giving poverty struck people a chance to go to school
    > and changing the minds of kids in developed countries from "uhg school" to " I have a chance to go to school and learn, so I will"

    keep updated for next post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leila, I agree with most of your priorities but I also think that giving children an education is very important. The adults do need to learn but they also already have busy enough lives to take the time to learn. I really think that we need to focus on giving children an education as they are the future.-Claire

      Delete
    2. Leila, sorry Claire, I meant to say that

      Delete
  2. OK post one was my opinion next one is the facts- Leila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leila,
    Claire, do you have any ideas I did not say, or any sites I could use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire,
    Lelia I also think that the children who can,t afford go to school should not have to pay for uniform's in my opinion they should not need uniforms what do you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LEILA
    That is basically what I meant by "poverty strucken people should get the chance to go to school"

    ReplyDelete
  6. PIPER
    http://www.freethechildren.com/what-we-do/adopt-a-village/education/
    -There are four million more girls than boys that can't get an education.
    -A child whose mother can read is 50% more likely to survive past the age of five.
    -25 million children will never go to school.
    -Investing in education can help a country lift its people out of poverty. Over 40 years, equitable access to quality education can help a country raise its gross domestic product per capita by 23%.
    -If all women had a primary education, there would be 1.7 million fewer malnourished children.
    Free The Children education projects in partner communities include:

    -Build new schools and academic buildings like libraries, administrative offices and teacher accommodations
    -Rebuild or refurbish existing schools and school rooms
    -Provide furniture, educational resources and supplies
    -Facilitate extracurricular school activities like health and environment clubs
    All sources are from http://www.freethechildren.com/what-we-do/adopt-a-village/education/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PIPER
      My opinion on education and poverty is that every person in the world has the right to have an education, no matter their age, because everyone has the right to learn and live freely.I also think that poor families should not have to pay for clothes and school uniforms.

      Delete
  7. -There are about four million more girls than boys who can’t get education

    -A child whose mother can read is 50% more likely to survive past the age of five.

    -25 million children will never go to school throughout their whole lifetime.

    -Investing in a education can help a country lift its citizens out of poverty. .

    -If all women had a primary education, there would be 1.7 million fewer children affected by improper nutrition or an insufficient diet.

    - In developing countries, each additional year of schooling is associated with a 10% to 20% increase in women’s wages.

    -Educated girls are more likely to get married later and have fewer children. For example, women in Mali with a secondary school education or higher have an average of three children, while those with no education have an average of seven children.


    I think we can improve this by raising money to show people around the world how many students teachers, parents and other people care about the education of young learners around the world. -Keira


    ReplyDelete