Congratulations on hosting an amazing event that promoted the importance of friendship and inclusiveness.
Use this blog post as a way to reflect on last weeks initiative.
Star: Describe what you are most proud of as a team and what strategies worked in order to pull off the event both in the planning and hosting stages.
Wish: Describe what you would do differently if you had to plan and host this event again
One star i have is we effectively put on pancake treat day and we promoted friendship
ReplyDeleteA wish i have is that we needed to put more extra time and not waste all the maple syrup.
-kai
Star: The cleanup team did a really good job at getting kids to use the conversation starters, and making sure all discussion was appropriate.
ReplyDeleteWish:I noticed that lot's of people wanted to know if there was water or any other drinks available and I thought that that would be a great idea, Just to have a drink around because pancakes make you thirsty
Star*: I think something that we did well was we collaborated as a group and we respected all of our costumers and our teammates.
ReplyDeleteWish: something that we could have done better was maybe bringing in more pancake mix boxes and staying in our roles the whole time.
Star: I like how we came up with lots of new, interesting, creative ideas to change up Pancake Treat Day. We used these ideas and thoughts to accurately draw in and engage the students.
ReplyDeleteWish: I think that we could have gotten our ideas organized a bit sooner so that we were better prepared for the event. We managed to pull it off, but it would have been nice to have a little extra room.
-(Amara)
Star: I am most proud about how when we got really close to the deadline and we weren't done with planning yet we persevered and put in extra time so that we could go through with pancake treet day. One strategy that we used to go through with our goal is that we had to put extra time at recesses and after school.
ReplyDeleteWish: One thing that I think we could improve on is not leaving everything to the last couple of days so we don't have to get so stressed out.
Lucas
DeleteJulian
ReplyDeleteStar: Something we did well on was getting the kids in and out on time and smoothly. Something I did well on was serving the kids quickly, so we wouldn't have kids waiting or a big line.
Wish: Something we should work was cutting and conserving our resource, (Ex. Syrup). Something I should work on was getting the kids into the conversation starters and get them talking about friendship.
Something we should wok on* was cutting...
DeleteStar: I think we did well on greeting students, and some times BTC students were tired but when ever classes came in we always greeted them in with smiles.
ReplyDeleteWish: When we were hosting pancake treat day, I thought we should talk over how much syrup and how many pancakes we should give to every student. I thought this because near the end there was not annuf syrup, so we used lease for the other students. At the end there was a lot of syrup left over. So I thought we should be more organized next time.
-Miyu
Star: This pancake treat day we definitely worked together and accomplished alot. We got our graffette wall up and running at the last minute and we did a good job on it aswell. Also at the last minute we got a speech together and we shared with the students who listened.
ReplyDeleteWish:I wish that we were getting students to take this more seriously. I think this because i heard a lot of students say sarcastic things about the speech we wrote and the cue cards we made.
STAR: One thing I think BTC did well is spreading the message of how to be a good friend and how to be inclusive. BTC made a speech describing both friendship and inclusiveness, had a graffiti wall where kids can express their own thoughts about being a good friend, and had conversation starters which let students talk to people that they never talked to before and learn stuff about them. This wouldn't be possible if BTC had not have thought about new ideas and a new topic to share at Pancake Treat Day.
ReplyDeleteWISH: Next time for pancake treat day I would make sure students are not getting too much pancakes or maple syrup because this year we almost ran out of syrup. Also, when we give students too much pancakes or maple syrup they will feel sick after pancake treat day and they will brag and encourage students to eat more.
Star: I think everyone did a good job, the speech team and graffiti wall getting people excited for pancakes and also teaching them a valuable lesson, the cleanup team helped start conversation, the serving team was friendly and made sure everyone got a fair amount, the runners helped get the classes to come up to this awesome event, and and the kitchen team made the delicious pancakes.
ReplyDeleteWish:I think next time we could work out the schedule more in advance so we would have a better idea of shifts and what classes are coming, also we should have been more careful of not giving people too much pancakes and syrup.
-Sara
Something that we did well during the planning process was accepting each others ideas and being open to new suggestions. Another thing we did well would be the way we were being cooperative with one another. Something we did well during the performance of Pancake Treat was going around to the different tables and encouraging friendship with all the students.
ReplyDeleteMy wish for the planning would be next time we should be a little more organized with tasks because some tasks were left to do at last minute, What I would do would assign things early and take leadership on finishing things on time and being ready to go for Pancake Treat Day. Something That I would of done differently at the performance would be telling people there limits earlier because some people were eating too many pancakes, as well some people only wanted to eat the pancakes and not participate in the graphiti wall and that would not of happened if we would of promoted it earlier and not kept it a surprise.
ZOE
ReplyDeleteStar
we were able to plan and organize on time so that pancake treat day ran more effectively and also, i liked how we had a sheet with our shifts planned on it i think that it helped everyone know where to be at the right time.
wish
when i was doing my runner shift i found that the kids were really loud and disruptive. i think one of the reasons for that was because i was handling two classes at once, so maybe we can work more on the planning of that for example, if we are handling two classes at once than we could have more than one student from btc taking the students down
Star: I think that we effectively put on pancake treat day, and created a fun safe environment for everyone to enjoy. We promoted friendship, by talking about friendship with the students, as they ate, and engaged them the graffiti wall.
ReplyDeleteWish: I think that pancake treat day would be more effective, if we were more organized, and knew more about what we were doing and how we were doing it, like if my group in serving knew who was pouring maple syrup, who was serving pancakes, and where everyone was, we would have less communication issues
Star: I think that we effectively brought up and dropped off classes because we stayed on schedule while accommodating others needs.
ReplyDeleteWish: Next year, I think that we need to make sure that everyone knew where they needed to go because this year, the stations were a bit unorganized because not everyone knew where they were supposed to go.